donderdag 23 juni 2011

Mrs Rose


Lately, I have been a little unlucky in my choices, most didnt really please me, either too strong or too bitter. I was hoping this nicely packed coffee would be different. The last one I had, the Galapagos from Blaser Cafe, it was not good, not bad either, but just not so good, I decided not to review it, because I was reluctant to describe the horrible feeling when it turns cold. It made my tongue shrivel :p

But enough about that one, on to Mrs. Rose, this coffee is very special, nicely packed in a very nice tin. It has a green plastic cap, I think a red one would be more befitting, but that is just me :)
The roasters are actually Mokamo, famous italian roasters, been known for a very long time and they are from the Triveneto region. Mrs Rose is their best melange, their big name, their specialty.
The coffee itself is a melange from 6 seperately roasted arabica beans, South-America, Guatamala, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ethiopia and Kenya (AA).
What else is interesting to know, they are pretty unique for the low moisture percentage found in the beans, at 1,12 percent, this is very low and we should conclude this is premium quality. Furthermore, the coffee has a very low caffeine level, a mere 1,35%, aside from decaf, this is the lowest level I have ever seen.

In other words, this is going to be premium coffee!

Or so I thought...

First impression, smelling the beans.
A new sensation came to mind, aside from the obvious coffee smell, I was confused, my nose was picking up both a sweet and a sour sensation... (no, i wasnt eating chinese prior to it, nor did someone cook anything special in the kitchen when i tried)

Second impression, smelling the coffee itself.
Same impression, once more, 2 completely opposite impressions? Really?

Third impression, drinking :)
Ok, so this is where it got tricky, I dislike this coffee very much after trying. When i tried my first cup, I had a preheated cup, great crema and it smelled fascinating. But alas, as soon as i tried it, i got a little disgusted by it. The very low caffeine level clearly showed up on my tongue, as well as both the acidic sourness and a little sweetness. BUT!!! They really don't do it for me.
Sorry Mrs.Rose, I think your coffee was really bad.
I tried covering up the taste, even adding a spoon of syrup didnt help, vanilla sugar didnt help. Nothing helped.
Another effect I hated, the aftertaste really lingered way tooooooo long, but I am sure if you love this brand, this coffee will be awesome for you.
Frankly speaking, while I am happy to try out new melanges and single origins and all, some just don't cut it. The best I got out of this coffee is actually a very nice tin that is now holding sugar sticks at work.


Rating: 2/10
Purchased online

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten