donderdag 26 mei 2011

Bali, Starbucks Blend.


My first Starbucks review on the new blog, will definetely not be the last. I bought this coffee in Aachen, Germany, when I was there 2 weeks ago. It was the new coffee they were selling, so instead of drinking one locally, I got some beans and took them home.

Starbucks describes these beans as "This single-origin coffee from Bali is full-bodied with subtle herbal and dark chocolate flavours."

The local barista offered to grind them, but my plans included drinking them from my Espresso machine, my beloved Saeco, so I declined their kind offer. Very friendly too, I also bought one of the new "Coffee Series" mugs, the Kenya one, they wrapped it up perfectly, have had some bad experiences there, mugs breaking before even getting home...

Ok, so I finally get to tasting this Bali coffee. Two cups down the drain after changing the beans, like always, some of my friends have witnessed this protocol, they call me crazy :)
What can I say... I just dont like the coffee contamination from mixing beans or melanges that were not meant to be together or I havent found one that was drinkable. Not kidding, most times you do this, you end up with a horrid taste. I suggest you try this at your own risk!

Now, let us describe the initial flavour, I used whole Joyvalle milk and 1 sugar for the first cup. I entered a new dimension in coffee drinking with this one. Bali has a very special flavour, some sort of dark fondant chocolate seems to be vaguely present. Also special about this one, very little bitterness when it is still hot, but as it cools down, I seem to be experiencing more, mind you the sensation is not disturbing at all, just that it is distinctively better when very hot.
I guess that is why it is one of my favourites to drink as a Caffe Latte, but a real Caffe latte, 1 shot of espresso in 3 times the milk. In some coffee shops, the baristas tend to give you a Macchiato when ordering a Caffe Latte.

The bottomline, it wasnt really cheap, I did pay 6,90 for 250 grams, which is the higher price range, this coffee is worth it. It makes for a great Caffe Latte!


Price: 6,90€ for 250 grams, Starbucks Aachen
Rating: 7,8 / 10
Remark: best served with hot milk, for a better experience.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten