zondag 29 mei 2011

a sweetener called Tagatesse

The other day, I was out shopping for groceries with my mom. While I do often go to big supermarkets, I rarely visit such rows like the sugars, the milks, the canned foods, ...
I usually spend my time in the sweets department, cookies and stuff, I have a serious sweet tooth, I love snacking.

If and when I go into the sugar  department, I just end up buying the same canderel vanilla scented sweetener. Canderel is probably the best known sweetener in Belgium. The vanilla scented one... only one word can describe it: Awesome! A great replacement for the vanilla syrup I used to buy.

This time however, my mom noticed a new sweetener called Tagatesse, based on tagatose.

We bought it and later that day it was the time to try it out. I read the label, it is based on Lactose, supposed to be as sweet as real sugar and labelled as "healthy sugar".
I will elaborate a little more on the truth about this last claim, there is no such thing as healthy sugar, though this tagatesse is about as human-friendly as they come. Among my friends, I am lucky enough to have a health  guru, he said this was one of the more effective and "safe" sweeteners, labelling it about 90% as sweet as the real refined white sugar. Tagatesse has been deemed safe by the necessary authorities in both Europe and America.

I completely follow him on his claims, I have tried it too now. It is almost as good as real sugar, but better than some other sweeteners because tagatesse tends to provide a more stable sweet feel to my coffee.
Some other sweeteners, like saccharine-based ones, they have a kind of disappearing sweetness, but tagatesse does not.
The only downside I found so far, I tend to use 3 servings of tagatesse to replace 2 sugars.


Tagatesse, a sweetener, a valid alternative to real sugar.

wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagatose

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten