woensdag 1 juni 2011

Douwe Egberts: Peru Nutty and Sweet


Early this morning, I woke up, knowing I would be tasting coffee number 66 today. I had high expectations until I arrived at work.
Having brought my own milk to work, a liter of Joyvalle whole milk, I was just about ready to give it a go.

We have a Saeco at work and I am the supplier for all beans. Yesterday evening, we had the last cup of the Ikea coffee, a rather decent blend for very cheap coffee from our well known Swedish furniture makers.
Out with the old, in with the new.

While opening the big bag of DE: Peru, I noticed the beans were medium roasted, maybe even at roast level 2 (out of 5 total). I was looking forward to them even more already. A lighter roast usually means there is less acidity and bitterness. The aftertaste usually becomes more clean too. Maybe this is my experience and/or impression only, but it's how I experience a lighter roast VS a darker roast.

First impression, the smell of the beans. A clear coffee aroma, mild, would have called it sweet, not so nutty. I liked what I smelled, I liked it very much.

Second impression, the coffee slowly pouring into my cup. A little disappointing, to be honest. The aromas from the espresso were light, almost like I didnt just make a cup of coffee, but had a senseo ready. Most senseos dont smell so good to me, I am not a fan anymore of them, sorry :)

Third impression, tasting it! Halleluja! No senseo taste! Halleluja once more! This was good!
Wow, I am impressed, this coffee is really rich flavoured, a little sweet. Not so much Nutty, i think, at least not while drinking, the aftertaste had a sort of lighter nutflavour.
One more cup, this coffee is ideal for early mornings, a rich coffee without acidity. Kinda makes me wanna have a third one already.

In the end, I had 5 cups in the first hour of work, I ended up making a few espressos for colleagues too, they were all unanymous about DE: Peru, it was great!
I think I am taking a can of whipped cream to work on friday, to try it as a "Franziskaner", I can only imagine it will be awesome.


Rating: 9,2 / 10
Origin: Peru
Purchased: Supermarket in Netherlands

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten