vrijdag 17 juni 2011

Ranting is an art or how I hate delivery services :)

Ok, so I order quite a bit online, including coffee and accesories like containers, syrups, ...
I mostly have positive experiences aside from some broken Starbucks mugs from ebay, but I blame the seller for them breaking, rather than the post office. A small advice for all interested, when you send mugs by mail, use more than just bubble wrap. Make sure you protect the handle as well, preferably by tearing up an old cardboard box and using it to make a extra layer around the mug, this will help protect the mug a millionfold. Otherwise they are bound to arrive broken...

But let's get to the real rant, my issues with TNT. TNT, you guys suck monkeyballs and you do it very well!

Let's go back in time to last weekend, I order seven items from the koffiebeans.nl shop, mostly syrups, a cool coffee bean container, some sugars, ... I got the confirmation email within minutes, the status update for the shipping arrived the day after.
So the waiting game begins, the package will come from the netherlands so I estimated 2 days.

Wednesday, I checked the website, claimed I wasn't home for the delivery. Strange because I thought I had set it up for delivery at work, could have been wrong.
Thursday, 10 am, had a little time to spare, so once again went to check up on my package.
Second delivery attempt failed at 9 am... WTF...
I decided to call home first, verify wether or not someone was home. Normally there is always someone at my house every thursday, the ice cream delivery guy actually comes between 9 and 10 am. This week, he came at 9 am.
Wait a minute... No one was supposed to be present at 9 am because the delivery attempt failed........
Checked the koffiebeans.nl site, nope, the delivery address was right, I didnt make a mistake.
They were supposed to be delivered to me, not at home.

So I decided to call TNT, a very friendly lady picked up the phone. I asked her why my delivery was labelled as failed while I had it delivered to a company, not a private house.
According to her system, I wasn't home. In the end, I told her she needed to fire the driver, because he was lieing his ass off. I actually proved it too.
I was supposed to get a new delivery attempt with a new driver the day after, my delivery attempts were also reset, because it would be the third one. Miss the third one and your package is returned.

Later that day, at half past seven (7.30pm), my doorbell rang. Suddenly a TNT delivery guy appeared with my box. At my house, not the delivery address mentioned.

To make a long story short, I am very happy to have my box, even if it was delivered too late, not at the right place and the delivery guy himself was VERY impolite to say the least. My guess being he was the one I asked to be fired.

Sigh

I hate TNT.

One good thing came out of all this, after contacting the website, they guaranteed they would never use TNT for my orders again. This was great news!
Fun fact, nothing broke and I got to enjoy my stuff very much!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten