donderdag 16 juni 2011

Shakeria: Latte Macchiato


So this is my first review of a "cold coffee" drink, it is a coffee shake, to be precise. Manufactured by Shakeria, a Swiss company.
According to their website, they use swiss milk for all their products, I guess this is a promotional stunt like any other.
I had tried the Bourbon Vanilla and the Swiss Chocolate before, those were great milkshakes. The local shop is selling them, much to my surprise, they started selling the Coffee shakes too.
I wonder if I can call them milkshakes or not, I will just call them shakes...

First off, this is no expensive drink at all, priced at 1,30 at my local shop, it's not so bad. Go into any regular coffee shop or Starbucks and you are paying at least double.
The others I tried before, I can'tsay it often enough, they were great!

Now on to the tasting, smelling and hopefully enjoying?

The package is easy to open, the straw is one of those neat pull-out straws, which allows it to be more than long enough, a problem I sometimes find in cheap packages.

Once opened, their system doesn't allow for a smell test. There is a small hole, you put the straw through it. I just unscrewed the cap, took of the foil and smelled the goods :)
My first impression was not so good, I smelled a real creamy kind of milk, yet almost no coffee. Might have smelled it wrong, but that was the first impression.

Then I tried drinking it, to my delight, not so bad as the smell. It was actually quite good, like the others I had before. My taste buds were tingling from the creaminess this drink had. For my likings, the drink was just in need of a little more sweetness, but that is me^^
The drink was cold and going down smoothly, like most shakes.
I did taste the coffee, but no bitterness, a lot of cream, pretty much it delivered as the others I had before.

For a cold drink, this is a great sensation, however I will make one slightly negative remark. I doubt you can have a few of these in a row... It felt a little heavy towards the end of the shake.

Rating: 8/10
Will buy again!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. what happens if you left it in the freezer and it's frozen. what do i need to do then?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. let it thaw in the fridge, slow defrosting is the best way to prevent it from spoiling
    it will probably need a few hours before it is drinkable again

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen