zaterdag 18 juni 2011

Emmi: Caffe Latte Light, Brazil edition

Emmi, a swiss based cold coffee drink manufacturer. They have a few products, this is my first time drinking the "light" drink. They sell these in local supermarkets for around 1,50 euro. 230ml per serving, despite a "light" label, it has a high 39Kcal for each 100ml.
Should this be labelled as false advertisement? I took a can of Cherry coke and saw 45Kcal for each 100ml, I doubt 39 can really be called light.

Further inspection of the cup gives the following information, there is about 80% of milk and 17% of brazilian arabica beans, the remaining 3% were mostly sugar based additives and some E-thingies.

So it was made with half and half milk instead of whole, must have been the reason why they called it "Light", I keep using tags because I am being skeptical...

On to the tasting and smelling

First, opening the cup, real easy, nothing special to notice. The instructions required a shake prior to opening the lid. After a shake I opened up the cup, let my nose do its job.
First impression is not so good, it smells rather bland, tasteless... No, it is failing the smell test. Based on smell alone, I would not buy it again.

Second test, the tasting.
Meh... That was my first taste impression, meh... this is not good, it is more leaning towards bad even. A little sweet, but bland in many ways.
I am not enjoying this test at all :)
The taste also lingers in my mouth, nothing bitter or sweet or actually tasting like decent coffee. There is some sort of sour feeling in my mouth and yes, I did check the expiry date prior to tasting.
No, this coffee product tastes like stale coffee, with milk and a little sugar.
I am disturbed by the aftertaste, it is nothing likeable.

This was pretty much a failed experiment. I had higher hopes.



Rating: 1,4/10
purchased at a local supermarket

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten